Are you interested in getting involved with OAR? There are tons of ways to help out. Here are a few:
- Volunteer (see info below on how to help)
- Donate (through our online giving site or in-kind donations)
- Plan and lead a "donation" drive for us. We are always in need of coats, clothing, hygiene items, and bus tickets.
- Share our website and social media with your friends and family.
- Refer potential clients to us. We are open Monday-Friday from 8:30-3:30 and we are ready to assist returning citizens each day.
- Mentor a client.
- Provide a pro-social activity for our clients.
- Sign up for our monthly newsletter. (Sign up form is at the bottom of this page.)
- Contact Hannah Brechlin, Community Engagement Coordinator, at (804) 643-2746 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more ways to help. We look forward to having you join our team of supporters.
VOLUNTEER with OAR!
Volunteers are an essential part of our organization. Volunteers contribute their skills and talents to our agency to provide the best possible services to our clients. We believe volunteers are a valuable and necessary resource and we strive to recognize their commitment.
Volunteer opportunities are available at OAR's Central Office (Downtown Richmond), Chesterfield County Jail, Henrico County Regional Jail (New Kent County), Henrico County Jail West, Pamunkey Regional Jail (Hanover County), and Richmond City Justice Center.
There are many different kinds of opportunities available at OAR. OAR is currently seeking volunteers to facilitate pre-release groups at all of our jail locations. These groups include: Think About it, Who's On Your Bus, Anger Management, Ready to Work, Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, Narcotics Anonymous meetings, Substance Abuse Support Groups, Healthy Relationships, and parenting. Think About It and Who's On Your Bus are cognitive behavior based groups that allow participants to consider making changes in their behavior in order to achieve success.
Volunteers commitments are between 1 and 2 hours each week. Volunteers are asked to make a minimum of 1 year commitment to OAR in order to provide continuity for our participants.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please apply below. Once your application has been received you will be contacted for an interview. Upon successful completion of interview and clearance paperwork all new volunteers are required to attend an Orientation. If you have any questions, please contact Hannah Brechlin, Community Engagement Coordinator at email@example.com or (804) 643-2746.
All fields in the application below are required!