OAR helps formerly incarcerated individuals find success in the community.
Since 1971, OAR has been the leading Reentry Service provider in the Richmond area. Each year we serve approximately 4,000 individuals: those that are currently incarcerated and near release and those that have recently been released from incarceration and are living in the community.
We invite you to join us on this journey of helping folks to find their way and achieve success.
Find out about our organization, our services, and the history of our decades of advocacy.
A community which advocates for the fully-recognized humanity of those affected by the criminal justice system.
As the community leader in reentry services, OAR of Richmond provides evidence-based and person-centered approaches to empower those impacted by incarceration to find individual success.
- We value diversity and believe that all of our participants deserve to be treated with dignity and respect.
- We recognize that each participant's path to success and opportunity is unique.
- We are committed to advocacy on behalf of our participants to influence positive changes in public policy.
- We hold our staff and volunteers to the highest standards of professionalism, integrity, and compassion.
- We actively engage the community through collaboration with many valued partners.
Sign up below for our monthly newsletter. We respect your privacy.